It’s hard to really deny that vaping has become the number one way to finally kick that cigarette habit to the curb. Vaping scratches that itch, so to speak, of putting a nicotine delivery product in your mouth and inhaling a satisfying cloud before blowing it back out. And, the vaping industry has only gotten more evolved over the years, with many vape shops, including local ones and vape shops online, offering bigger selections of hardware, e-liquids, and accessories than ever before to accommodate everyone’s needs.
What is the Best Vape for Quitting Smoking?
If you want to start vaping for quitting smoking, you’ll really need to consider the different types of products that are out there and ask yourself what you want out of your vaping setup. The more compatible a vaping setup is with your needs, in terms of things like flavor, nicotine type, and vapor output, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to really stick to your goals of not going back to cigarettes. There are 3 main types of vaping setups that dominate the market today:
- Disposables: A disposable vape is an all-in-one vaping system that’s designed to be as user-friendly, portable, and low-maintenance as possible. It consists of a battery component covered by a chassis, with a permanently fixed cartridge that contains e-liquid, and cannot be refilled. All that you need to do is take a disposable out of the box and start puffing away, with no need to make adjustments or tinker around with different features. Disposables come in a variety of e-liquid flavors and are almost exclusively made with salt-based nicotine, the type of nicotine that is more similar to that found in a cigarette.
- Pod Systems: Pod systems are pocket-friendly vaping systems with a rechargeable, built-in battery, and a refillable cartridge, which uses replaceable coils, either integrated into the cartridge or replaced separately. Some pod systems have more adjustable features than others, like different wattage settings, and the ability to switch between salt-based nicotine and freebase nicotine e-liquids according to the airflow control.
- Box Mod Systems: Box mod systems are the most advanced vaping systems you can buy. They exclusively use freebase nicotine, which doesn’t deliver the same throat hit and potency as salt-based nicotine but does allow for bigger, fluffier clouds. They reach higher output levels and are bigger devices due to the stronger batteries they require. They also require a lot more maintenance and have more settings that you’ll need to adjust to find the satisfaction you’re looking for. They consist of relatively large box mod devices and tanks that can fit several milliliters of e-liquid, along with interchangeable coils.
What are Some Techniques Used to Quit Smoking?
Vaping is, as we said, the ideal choice for many when it comes to quitting smoking. The vapor you inhale when you’re vaping is much easier on the respiratory system and does not contain the countless toxins found in cigarette tobacco. Meanwhile, it allows you to both get in the ideal nicotine intake daily, while also enjoying a physical act that feels a lot like smoking a cigarette.
Let’s quickly go over the most popular techniques for quitting smoking besides vaping:
- Cold Turkey: “Cold turkey” is a smoking cessation technique that requires full, sudden abstinence from all tobacco and/or nicotine products. It means that one day, you smoke your last cigarette, and never consume nicotine and/or tobacco again. While people have found success with this method, it’s definitely not for everyone, as full cessation of a physically addictive substance can be enormously challenging.
- Weaning Off: An alternative is weaning off, which again, isn’t recommended for everyone. Weaning off means reducing the number of cigarettes you consume gradually over time until you’re down to zero. This method has the lowest success rate.
- Nicotine Patches: Nicotine patches are adhesive patches applied to the skin, which offer transdermal doses of nicotine throughout the day, and are replaced every several hours according to the instructions.
- Nicotine Gum: Nicotine gum is chewing gum infused with nicotine, which absorbs into the oral tissue. Generally, a piece of nicotine gum is chewed every time the person gets a nicotine craving.
- Nicotine Pouches: Nicotine pouches are small pouches containing natural ingredients including nicotine, which are held between the gum and the cheek so that the nicotine absorbs through the oral tissue for maximum bioavailability. They usually come in a variety of flavors, and many are made with synthetic (tobacco-free) nicotine.
What Happens to Your Body After You Quit Smoking?
If you’re still on the fence about switching to vaping as a smoker, let’s offer a list of things that you can look forward to once you do quit and make the switch. All of these benefits have been reported by numerous former smokers, and include many scientifically proven benefits to ceasing tobacco use.
- Improved lung capacity
- Less respiratory irritation/coughing
- Healthier hair and nails
- Improved skin texture and tone, fewer breakouts, and reduce physical signs of aging
- Better breath
- Less sensitive gums
- Better overall oral and dental health
- Improved sense of smell and taste
Final Thoughts and Recommendations
Anyone who’s ready to say goodbye to cigarettes once and for all should really consider vaping. After all, there’s a reason why the vaping industry is as successful as it is – because it has provided countless individuals an effective way to no longer desire cigs. Besides the health advantages to quitting smoking, you can look forward to smelling better, saving money, and still being able to satisfy your nicotine cravings, with an exciting variety of e-liquid flavors, devices, and more to choose from.
At Vape Juice Depot, you can find a massive selection of vaping products to choose from, so that no matter what it is that you want out of a vape setup, you’ll be able to feel completely satisfied. Explore our collection of disposables, pod systems, box mod systems, e-liquids, and accessories today, to finally say goodbye to cigarettes, once and for all.